October 19, 2013, 6:00 PM - October 21, 2013, 8:30 PM
All Catholics of the Archdiocese of OKC are invited to Yukon, where Dr. John Bergsma will lead the St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church parish mission on October 19, 20 and 21.
Dr. Bergsma is an Associate Professor of Theology at Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio, where he has twice been named Teacher of the Year and is a frequent guest on EWTN programs like Franciscan University Presents and The Journey Home. He grew up Protestant (Dutch Calvinist) and served as a pastor for four years before becoming Catholic in 2001 while getting a Ph.D. in Scripture from the University of Notre Dame (Indiana). He completed his doctoral work on the Year of Jubilee in 2004, and has been teaching in Steubenville ever since. Dr. Bergsma specializes in Old Testament and the Dead Sea Scrolls. He also spends a good deal of time with his wife and seven children.
Bible Basics for Catholics: A New Picture of Salvation History is Dr. Bergsma’s latest publication. In the foreword, Scott Hahn encourages the reader to “Let him take you on a tour of salvation history, by offering you a ‘bird’s eye view’ of the drama of sacred Scripture. By the time you are done, not only will you get ‘the big picture’ of the Bible, you will find yourself being drawn into its plot, which is the covenant story of God’s fatherly plan for his sons and daughters, each and every one of us.”
The mission will kick off with a dinner on Saturday evening (RSVP required), after the 5:00 p.m. Mass. Babysitting will be provided for the evening sessions. Please call to reserve a space for your child.
Please join us for any or all of the following sessions:
Saturday, October 19
• 6:00 p.m. Dinner in Marian Hall, provided by the youth of St. John Nepomuk parish – RSVP required
• 6:30 p.m. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the church
• 7:00 p.m. in the church: Confession and Spiritual Warfare
Sunday, October 20
• 6:30 p.m. Evening Prayer in the church
• 7:00 p.m. in the church: Mass Conversion: The Eucharist in Scripture and the Church Fathers
Monday, October 21 – two opportunities to hear the same talk
• 9:30 a.m. Morning Prayer in Marian Hall
• 10:00 a.m. in Marian Hall: Bible Basics for Catholics: A New Picture of Salvation History
• 6:30 p.m. Evening Prayer in Marian Hall
• 7:00 p.m. in Marian Hall: Bible Basics for Catholics: A New Picture of Salvation History
St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church is located at 600 Garth Brooks Blvd. in Yukon. To RSVP for dinner or reserve a space in the nursery, please call the parish office at 354-2743.